LifeAssist fully supports existing and future HIV and Aids programmes within the EWP model.
This approach has proven successful as it encourages participation as HIV is dealt with in context with everyday life. The EWP makes support more accessible to those who are infected and effected, thereby optimising every opportunity to react expediently to:
- prevent transmission through accidental exposure
- educate and inform
- promote prevention and tolerance
- provide counselling and advice
- facilitate access to treatment and care – internally through LifeSense Disease Management, or externally to enhance effectiveness of client-appointed service providers.
This service can complement the disease management programme within the medical scheme.
We are also able to assist organisations by providing a range of services that include:
- Policy formulation / audit of existing policies – in context with TB and other Life Threatening Diseases
- Knowledge, Attitude, Behaviour and Practices (KAPB) Surveys
- HIV Counselling and Testing (HCT)
- Anonymous Prevalence Studies
Through our association with SABCOHA and BUSA, we are participating in Draft Zero of the National Strategic Plan, and fully support the South African Ministry of Health’s HIV Counselling and Testing (HCT) programme.